While I try not to rant and rave, there is one issue that will get me going every single time. It’s the desire of some organizations to segment the work of #fundraising in to one small section of an organization. For some organizations, it’s almost as if fundraising is an undignified act. But without funding to carry on the mission, it would not be possible to carry on the mission. And, what greater honor is there than to help our donors accomplish their deepest desires than through the work of our organizations.Not to mention that the organizations most successful at raising funds integrate fundraising into the fabric of the organization. A teamwork approach works really well.
I saw some interesting statistics a few weeks ago from a study that The Association for Healthcare Philanthropy completed. When a staff member approached a prospective donor, the average gift they received was $49,000. But when a board member approached a prospective donor, the average gift received was $242,000. The peer-ask resulted in a much larger gift. Just some food for thought.
Here’s a summary of this week’s articles and blogs related to fundraising and nonprofit organizations. As always, please share this with others might benefit from the information. Thanks again for reading!
- Re-engage Inactive #Email Subscribers http://bit.ly/gHvVbO Karen Zapp – Nonprofit Copywriter
- Lessons learned from the Big Blue (social media) Test campaign http://bit.ly/fhsBpz socialbrite
- “Are Nonprofits Wasting Time Developing Mobile Apps? http://bit.ly/fpKozu frogloop
- 3 Online Fundraising Communications Best Practices http://bit.ly/erBERV FundRaising Success
- Big Impact in Small Places: 9 tips on #writing better online content http://bit.ly/hxlfnw Katya’s Blog
- The Importance of #Storytelling to Successful Fundraising http://bit.ly/id1Yp0 Talisman Thinking Out Loud
- Fundraising in Russia Today http://bit.ly/ePV39A eJewish Philanthropy
- Outcome Indicators Project (evaluation resources for nonprofits) http://bit.ly/i4fe9V The Urban Institute
- Donations, deductions and the deficit http://wapo.st/hkxBd4 The Washington Post
- 20+ Free Nonprofit #Webinars for December 2010 http://bit.ly/ieUyTr Wild Apricot Blog
- Thank You Letters: The How, When, and What for http://bit.ly/hUwMpE Joanne’s Nonprofits Blog