Happy New Year!
Have you made you New Year’s Resolutions? Have you already started breaking them? (just kidding)
I just read Beth’s Blog (if you don’t follow her, she’s great at making technology available for those of us who aren’t at the forefront of it all). In this particular post, she has outlined three words she will be focusing on in 2011 (hers are Seek, Sense, Share). Just yesterday, I was attempting to identify three words that would define my ideal client. They are: Connecting, Innovating, Impacting. So, in the spirit of looking at the plank in my own eye first, I’m going to attempt to make those my words for 2011. I will personally focus on building connections between people, innovating to better serve the nonprofit world, and strive to make a positive impact .
So, what are your words for 2011?
Here’s a summary of this week’s articles and blogs related to fundraising and nonprofit organizations. As always, please share this with others might benefit from the information. Thanks again for reading!
- Half of Charities See Healthy Increases in Holiday Giving, Chronicle Poll Finds http://bit.ly/dNpht4 The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Most Lapsed Donors Wander Back Out the Front Door | http://bit.ly/gawLho Transformational Giving
- Warren Buffett on Philanthropy | http://bit.ly/hhHTmt Tactical Philanthropy
- The Award for the Best Transformation Giving Year-End Appeal Goes to… http://bit.ly/eByx7s Transformational Giving
- Crowdsourcing: Measuring the Impact of the Crowd in Funding and Doing | http://bit.ly/hBgBwa Beth’s Blog
- Email Trends For 2011: conversion, engagement, content and automation | http://bit.ly/hm95pa The Agitator
- 6 Web Tools to Help Small Organizations Thrive http://bit.ly/e32El6 Wild Apricot Blog
- Double-digit Growth Continues for Online Fundraising | http://bit.ly/dQGrFL eJewish Philanthropy
- Great Links to Research on Philanthropy http://bit.ly/gzp87k Pursuant
- Charitable Giving and the Millennial Generation | http://bit.ly/dIG9ys eJewish Philanthropy
- Change of Heart: Look Inside Before Changing the World http://bit.ly/fud4xO Katya’s Non-Profit Marketing Blog
- The Best Gift Your Nonprofit Can Give the World: A Viable Plan to Go Out of Business http://bit.ly/igjR2q Transformational Giving
- Walkable communities richer in social capital | http://bit.ly/i5cOo0 Social Capital Blog
- Civil-Rights Activism Moves Online http://bit.ly/dTw2GD The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- 33 Free Nonprofit Webinars for January 2011 http://bit.ly/eREzis Wild Apricot Blog
- Donor Advised Funds now outnumber private foundations by more than two to one | http://bit.ly/hIXff0 PNNOnline.org
- Year in Review: Economy Continues to Challenge (but there are signs of hope) http://bit.ly/ekSUVR PhilanTopic
- Budget-Strapped Cities Charge Nonprofits New Fees http://bit.ly/fP2gLO The Chronicle of Philanthropy