Have you noticed anything different at JCPenney lately? Last week I walked through a JCPenney to get into the mall. I’m pretty sure that every single associate I walked by acknowledged me. It was a small gesture that made a really big impression. Is there a small gesture you can make to your donors that would make that kind of memorable impression? Be creative – or simply take additional steps to ensure people know that you think they are important. (And a smile can go a long way!)
Here’s a summary of this week’s articles and blogs related to fund raising and nonprofit organizations. As always, please feel free to forward this to others you know who might benefit from it. Thanks again for reading!
- The Curse of Too Much Mail: The surprising truth about the impact fundraising has on donors. http://bit.ly/aEfrwC
- How Did Giving Fare Last Year? Americans Didn’t Pull Back on Their Giving… http://bit.ly/axjpRq Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Why hasn’t monthly giving exploded in the US? http://bit.ly/95qIMi Jonathon Grapsas’ blog
- 25 Characteristics of Highly Effective Social Media Campaigns http://bit.ly/cOnLQQ socialmediatoday
- Pew Data On Online Citizenship http://bit.ly/dkgDxB The Agitator
- For fundraising writing, focus on stories about lives changed, rather than discourse about the org. http://bit.ly/954DEb A Storied Career
- Ten Top Tips from the Membership Marketing Benchmarking Report http://bit.ly/dsh20a Membership Marketing Blog
- Mash up a visual story for your nonprofit. http://bit.ly/afHGs4 Socialbrite
- Build Relationships with Shorter, More Frequent Communications http://bit.ly/bIS5mM frogloop
- Create video stories for your nonprofit in 6 steps http://bit.ly/bGnSAg Socialbrite
BOARD / LEADERSHIP
- Joyful, Spirit-Filled, Vision-Focused Touchy-Feely Mumbo Jumbo at Creating the Future! http://bit.ly/a9ZjY0 Creating the Future!
- How’s Your Organization’s Culture of Philanthropy? http://bit.ly/9evl6s The Nonprofit Quarterly
- Three Myths About Generation Y http://bit.ly/cedUFk. Rosetta Thurman