We’re over half way through 2010. How are you doing on your New Year’s resolutions? Chances are you may have given up on them a few months ago. But I have a secret for to share with you. You don’t need to wait for another new year to start over again. This week, I challenge you to either recommit to a goal you made earlier this year or make a new one. I was talking with someone a few weeks ago who, every three years, realized that in that time she could have finished her Master’s degree. Now in her late 30’s she’s going back to school. In another three years she’ll be done. What could you be done with in another three years (or another three months)?
Here’s the summary of this week’s headlines and #fundraising / nonprofit items of interest. As always, please feel free to forward this to others you know who might benefit from it. Thanks again for reading!
- Ask your friends first: The circles (no more strangers)” http://bit.ly/dDbkUQ
- Creative ways to publicly thank donors http://bit.ly/c557Bu
- Ask us face-to-face, say donors ages 20 to 40 http://bit.ly/9yILfO
BOARD DEVELOPMENT / #LEADERSHIP
- #Boards as Partners in Development http://bit.ly/clmDdW
- The Number One Way to Get Nonprofit Board Members to Follow Through http://bit.ly/aU8yC4
- A Presentation about #Succession Planning for Nonprofits http://bit.ly/akykem
- What You and Your Nonprofit Should Know About #Facebook Changes – Beth’s Blog http://bit.ly/bkCz9i
- Jumping off the #Social Media Bandwagon http://bit.ly/bYDNog
- #Text Giving: A Tool, Not a Miracle http://bit.ly/a0Ghy6
- Closing the Loop Between Social Media and Offline Action http://bit.ly/a5C4Y7
- Do you really want to have a #viral video? http://bit.ly/aeyVkc