Much of yesterday afternoon was spent over the stove stewing fresh tomatoes and basil from the garden. All I have to say is, it was a lot of work for 8 servings of tomato soup!
One thing I learned early in my fundraising career (from Jerry Panas) is that 80% of the results in fundraising come from 20% of the effort. Unfortunately, we can’t know ahead of time which 20% will be most fruitful. Perhaps that will be true with my garden as well. Although… as we become more educated about a topic, perhaps we gain a better sense of where the highest chance of success might be. Have you been frustrated lately because you haven’t been seeing the results you think you should be seeing? Take heart! The best 20% could be right around the corner!
Here’s a summary of this week’s articles and blogs related to fundraising and nonprofit organizations. As always, please share this with others might benefit from the information. Thanks again for reading!
- Raising Money, One City at a Time http://bit.ly/c2l1k7 The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Keeping Donors http://bit.ly/cEJhcP Too Busy To Fundraise
- 5 tips to help build a loyal donor base (basic, but can’t say these enough) http://bit.ly/ar9Cyg Vivanista
- Corporate “Philanthropy”: Oxymoron? http://bit.ly/9EIhPw Oram Matters/Philanthropy Matters
- Strategies for Wading Through Charitable Donation Information http://bit.ly/bSDWZs BLACKBAUD’S Prospect Research Blog
- Charitable Giving Market Efficient After All http://bit.ly/aIuEZJ Stanford Social Innovation Review
- 10 Tips For Aspiring online Community Managers http://bit.ly/9ygkUP Mashable
- PURL’s of wisdom – importance of coordinating messages. http://bit.ly/9FtB5D Jonathon Grapsas’ blog
- See where the good goes – see the power of a well-told story. http://bit.ly/99hGvk Step-by-Step Fundraising
- Move the needle: How to activate your supporters – great for advocacy groups http://bit.ly/ckQgu7 SocialBrite
- Exit interviews for nonprofit board members http://bit.ly/cVIXBs Carol Weisman’s Blog
- What is an Advisory Board and Should We Have One? http://bit.ly/ag0at1 Blue Avocado
- How to Balance Vision and Action in Financial Decisions http://bit.ly/acrQom The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- IRS Reminds Small Charities of Paperwork Deadline http://bit.ly/bSHgsV The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- How the Social Innovation Fund Selected Grantees http://bit.ly/dd5Vqy Tactical Philanthropy
- Guide to Nonprofit Election-Related Activities now available http://bit.ly/cEfCwl The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- 7days7gifts. Can one person change the world? ‘Joy of Giving’ week in India http://bit.ly/9WnaJo SOFII