Several weeks ago I posted that I had planted a garden. Because of my being a beginner to this gardening adventure, I ended up re-seeding about three times. Then there were several weeks where it felt like the plants weren’t growing and when I thought that they would never produce anything edible. Well, here’s a picture of a recent ’harvest!’
Isn’t that how it sometimes feels with donor development? An old rule of thumb is that 20% of the work produces 80% of the results. Unfortunately, you never know ahead of time which 20% that is! So, we end up trudging along without seeing much in the way of results until one day, we reach a tipping point. All of the work, investment and effort begins to pay off. The result is a more sustainable organization. The hard part is pushing through those times when it feels like there will be no harvest. Take heart. Push through!
Here’s a summary of this week’s articles and blogs related to fundraising and nonprofit organizations. As always, please feel free to forward this to others you know who might benefit from it. Thanks again for reading!
- Free Report: Donor Fundraising and Development: What’s Working Today http://bit.ly/9ywN5d Lisa Sargent Communications
- SOFII | The Showcase of Fundraising Innovation and Inspiration – New site is up! http://bit.ly/96gYdf
- How To Raise A Lot More Money Now – a free eBook from Network for Good http://bit.ly/dr5x14
- 2010 Overachiever’s Guide to Year-End Fundraising http://bit.ly/dcpUi4 frogloop
- If fundraising isn’t important, you won’t survive http://bit.ly/cMMve7 Future Fundraising Now
- Social Networking Communities Are Migrant Communities http://bit.ly/cGfkdM Nonprofit Tech 2.0
- Using Social Media to Build Volunteer Communities http://bit.ly/8Z8ssS VolunteerSpot
- The Nonprofit Social Media Decision Guide http://bit.ly/9kf74h Socialbrite
- Social Network Tracker: How to Find your Supporters on Social Networks (paid service) http://bit.ly/aDEEIr frogloop
- 5 ideas for nonprofit newsletter content that donors will love http://bit.ly/aBWIoN Get Fully Funded Blog
- Cause-related marketing tips from Coke, Microsoft and Renault http://bit.ly/bXduKE Katya’s Non-Profit Marketing Blog