The holidays are upon us! As a Christian, my goal this time of year is generally to spend more time on reflection and in thanks for what Christ has done for me. In reality though, it seems that each year I end up just running faster trying to get everything done (decorating, cards, gift shopping, parties, etc.). Then I slide, exhausted, into Christmas. This year is no exception. Recognizing that you may also be charging in to the holidays, this will be my last post until after the New Year. We’ll both get a vacation! Although if there is some breaking news I will try to pass it on to you.
So, in the meantime, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!
Here’s a summary of this week’s articles and blogs related to fundraising and nonprofit organizations. As always, please share this with others might benefit from the information. Thanks again for reading!
- Religious Americans four times as generous as their secular neighbors http://on.wsj.com/fjDr7Y Campbell and Putnam at WSJ.com
- 10 Reasons Why the Giving Pledge Will Reshape Philanthropy (for the better) http://huff.to/fPRm10 Trevor Neilson
- Women Give to Same Causes as Men, Study Finds http://bit.ly/dEMsi6 The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Perceptions Of Gift Giving | http://bit.ly/eIbHLK The Agitator
- Early Thoughts About Jumo | http://bit.ly/eikx7B Stanford Social Innovation Review
- Superb Online Giving Study | http://bit.ly/ficBEr The Agitator
- Jumo: A Social Network Win or Fail? http://bit.ly/hfXlms frogloop
- Donors Give More to a Charity’s Own Web Site Than Via Big Giving Portals http://bit.ly/dIp7Cg The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Landmark study reveals online giving hat trick: donor experience, December and disaster http://bit.ly/htCFi0 Katya’s Blog
- Nonprofits: Bright Spot in National Employment Picture http://bit.ly/dEtzR0 PhilanTopic
- Nonprofits Urged to Fight New Estate-Tax Deal http://bit.ly/hQGaxu The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- No-sweat nonprofit research (one community’s success) http://bit.ly/e8no9X Richmond BizSense
- Charitable Deduction Proposals Stir Debate | http://bit.ly/eVnrwB PNNOnline.org
- AFP Introduces Wise Giving Website to Help Public With Philanthropy http://bit.ly/eSmkYd AFP
- Charities Received Bigger Share of Funds From Solicitors Last Year http://bit.ly/dR2ViF The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- You can’t sell complicated to someone who came to you to buy simple. http://bit.ly/hbrM8A Seth’s Blog