In this interview with Scott Reichenbach, we explore ways Cure Clubfoot has learned to extend their reach through various partnerships – with local professionals and affiliates as well as a partnership with RemitRadar, a payment processing company. While not a primary focus of the call, one things that really stands out for me in this interview was how sometimes the simple act of raising awareness can help eliminate negative stigmas.
Key points include:
- Eliminate Stigma – and Improve Quality of Life – by Raising Awareness
- Aligning with a Tech Company can be of Great Benefit to a Nonprofit
- Common Goals Can Help Build Trust Quickly
- Increase Impact by Utilizing Local Partnerships
- Build Community – and Increase Impact – by Hosting Peer Learning Gatherings
- Encourage Planning and Visioning by Building in Times for Introspection
- Grow Stronger Quicker by Letting Local Partners Set the Pace
- Slow and Steady Wins the Race
About the Guest:
Scott serves as Operations Director for CURE Clubfoot. Previously, he pioneered the Post-Residency Program at Samaritan’s Purse/World Medical Mission a program to help young physicians transition from their medical or surgical training to a career in international medical missions. He also served as the Disaster Medical Response Coordinator for Samaritan’s Purse for Hurricane Katrina and the 2010 earthquake in Haiti. Scott has a background in nursing have worked in the Pediatric ICU and Recovery Room in hospitals around the US. He resides in Pennsylvania with his wife, Rachel and their three children.