In our podcast discussion this week, we are chatting with Lisa Woll, CEO of The Forum for
Sustainable and Responsible Investment and the US SIF Foundation. We discuss topics relating to building an effective board by doing such things as changing how you evaluate your candidates, changing bylaws as needed, and methods for developing good board members including helping them build self confidence.
Click here to visit nonprofitleadersnetwork.com/nln37 and access the transcript and other show notes.
The key points covered in this podcast discussion are:
- Adding Board Members – Expertise vs. Proven Traits
- The Crucial Role of a Board Chair
- Changing the Bylaws to Better Meet Current Needs of the Organization
- Building the Board as a Partnership Between Board and Staff
- Ways to Develop Good Board Members (and Build Self-Confidence)
- Trust Your Gut