Today, we’re talking with Pamela Hawley, Founder and CEO of Universal Giving. Pamela shared with us how she finds, identifies and grooms potential board members, the criteria she uses, the active role of the board of advisors, and why nonprofits should not invite friends and family to the board.
Click here to visit nonprofitleadersnetwork.com/nln31 and access the transcript and other show notes.
The key points covered in this podcast discussion are:
- Strategically Identify and Groom New Potential Board Members
- Assessing Potential Board Members
- Hold Board Members Accountable with Sensitivity and Outcomes Worksheets
- Why You Shouldn’t Recruit Friends and Family as Board Members
- Don’t Take Funding (or Anything Else) for Granted
- When the Going Gets Tough, Keep Looking Up
Visit www.nonprofitleadersnetwork.com to find the podcast, transcript, and to sign up to receive notifications as new episodes are released (every two weeks). Episodes are also available via Stitcher, iTunes, and GooglePlay.