In our podcast this week, we are chatting with Hillary Schafer, Executive Director of the Jefferson Awards Foundation. Hillary shared her experiences and reactions to transitioning from the public sector to the nonprofit sector, how she has overcome some of the challenges of her position, and her insights into working with a board of directors.
Click here to visit nonprofitleadersnetwork.com/nln28 and access the transcript and other show notes.
The key points covered in this podcast discussion are:
- Surprise of Entering the Nonprofit Sector: Much Harder, Higher Risk Level
- Stay Focused on Impact: The Power of Story
- Partnership Challenge: Seeing Other Nonprofits as Competitors
- Board Management is Sales
- Focus on Strengths to Empower Your Board
- Challenge for Nonprofits: Determining the Right Pay for the Non-Profit Sector
- Challenge for Nonprofit Leaders: Build – or Find – a Support Network
Visit www.nonprofitleadersnetwork.com to find the podcast, transcript, and to sign up to receive notifications as new episodes are released (every two weeks). Episodes are also available via Stitcher, iTunes, and GooglePlay.