Event season is in full swing! One of the articles below links to the top 10 fundraising events in the U.S.A. based on gross receipts. It’s certainly an exciting time of year!
Just to make things a little more exciting, Rob and I have decided to move! We won’t be going far – just across the river to New Albany (assuming all the inspections go well Wednesday…).
Hope you enjoy the articles below. As always, if you have questions about your fundraising or want help with your fundraising planning just reply to this email or give me a call at 502-708-1020 (and I promise to let you know if the phone number changes).
Feature Article of the Week:
Your Gift Range Chart: Can you imagine trying to shoot a bow and arrow while blindfolded? Yes I know that sometimes we see it in the movies, but in the real world it just doesn’t work very well. The gift range chart…
Quote of the Week: You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose. – Dr Seuss
Awareness / Communications
- Are You Using This Powerful Social Engagement Tool? Does your non-profit or membership organization have a blog? Here are some great thoughts on why you should be blogging and tips and resources to help you get started. @WildApricot
- How to: Build Your Nonprofit Brand’s Buzzability As the people over at Nonprofit Hub like to say: “People like to talk. Give them something to talk about.” To increase the exposure of your nonprofit’s organization, you must increase the ‘buzz’ … @EventJournal
- HOW TO: Engage 5 Generations of Donors and Supporters Each generation living today has come of age with profoundly different experiences concerning mass communication and these differences directly impact how they give to nonprofits. Seniors who came age during the era of print media still prefer … @nonprofitorgs
- Fundraising Basics: [Part 3] Build a Donor-Focused Approach This post dives into why it is important to put your donors at the center of your fundraising efforts and how to use segmentation to match to your their needs and expectations. @JeffHaguewood
- Nonprofit Media Relations—Not JUST Relationships Guest blogger, Patricia Brooks guides client orgs to reach and motivate people through traditional and new media sources. As a media relations expert, the question she’s most often asked is whether she has strong relationships with reporters. And many are taken aback when … @NancySchwartz
- Putting Your Eggs in Lots of Baskets: Tips for Diversifying Your Fundraising What do all sustainable fundraising strategies have in common? Diversity. In other words, yes, that old adage about not putting too many eggs in one basket applies… @BigDuck
- What I really think about ‘chuggers’ Thinking about integrating ‘face-to-face’ fundraising into your fundraising strategies? While ‘chuggers’ may have a bad rap, this writer shares his opinions about this approach to raising money. @IanMacQuillin
- New Study: Are You Leaving Money in the Middle? Mind the gap. That’s the advice in a new report on mid-level donor programs. The folks at Sea Change Strategies caution that nonprofits are missing out on a ton of money simply because they’re overlooking a committed and productive audience: middle donors … @Network4Good
- [STUDY] How 16 Major Nonprofits Do Integrated Fundraising Let’s face it: good donor communications is hard. Even the largest organizations with huge pools of resources struggle. At times, however, they get it right. The Good, the Bad & the Ugly – a study of sixteen major nonprofit organizations in the United States. @BloomerangTech
- A Detailed Guide to Crafting Valuable Donor Personas One of the most important things in writing is to identify who you’re writing to. The way you would write to your grandmother is much different than how you’d write to your best friend. @TaylorLCorrado shares some great tips to help you develop your donor persona.
- Top 10 Single Largest Nonprofit Fundraising Events (Infographic) This is cool. Ever wondered where the biggest events are being held? Would you believe the top event grossed $39 million?!? @brendankinney
- Dear events. Meet direct marketing. Wondering about what role events should play at your organization? Thinking that they’re just a waste of time? @jonathongrapsas pulls back the curtain and provides some insight.
- Using Visuals to Show Your Donors the Impact of Their Gift What did you do with my money? This common question from donors and funders could be answered with pages of report narratives or it could be shared with an interesting graphic. @KathieKRyan shares some ways to do that.
What Others Are Doing
- Postcard Annual Report – Great Example of How It Can Work It’s been several years now since @kivilm first suggested that a postcard was the perfect format for many a nonprofit annual report. I know my clients have a hard time visualizing what that might look like, so here’s an example…
- EarthRights International Raised Over $20,000 In true David and Goliath fashion, human & environmental rights organization EarthRights International takes on corporate human rights abusers… @CauseVox
- How #nomakeupselfie Raised £2m For Cancer This idea started in the UK, and had nothing to do with cancer. In fact, a writer in the UK started … #fundchat
Leadership / Other
- Ten Nonprofit Funding Models Interested in moving beyond fundraising? Think funding models instead… @bridgespangroup
- Nonprofit Website Navigation: Tips and Best Practices Navigation is one of the most import building blocks to your nonprofit’s website. It’s one of the first items users see on your site, and it is the system that leads to all of your content. So, it stands to reason that … @wiredimpact