Have you been tempted to abandon your email strategy? Or avoid starting one in the first place? Convio released results from a study earlier this year that suggested that might be a bad idea.
They partnered with the ASPCA to test some different strategies. Those donors who received emails in addition to other communications gave more than those who did not receive emails.
Where I’ll be next:
Oct. 7 – Grow Your Nonprofit, in partnership with Business First (Louisville)
Oct. 18 – 20 – International Fundraising Conference (Noordwijk, Netherlands)
Nov. 7 – Monthly Q&A Call for Clients
Nov. 16 – AFP Greater Louisville Chapter, Philanthropy Day Luncheon
Are you new to fundraising? Would you like to know (ahead of time) some of the pitfalls to avoid related to starting and/or running a development office? Call or email me to schedule a strategy session to learn more.
Here is a summary of recent articles and blogs related to fundraising and nonprofit organizations. As always, please forward this to others who might benefit from the information. Thanks again for reading!
- The best fundraising stories are the vivid ones – http://bit.ly/qGXoUh Future Fundraising Now
- Put a Stop to Donor Drain – retention strategies | http://bit.ly/pFxN7L JGA Counsel
- Adventures in innovation: Your great idea session! | http://bit.ly/qA8Zt9 Lucy Gower | 101fundraising
- Crystal ball fundraising: Lifetime Value (looking at the long-term) http://bit.ly/npSXeU Reinier Spruit | 101fundraising
Giving Trends / Research
- Charity Fundraising Results See No Change in First Half of 2011 – http://bit.ly/osUs4yMarketWatch
- Associations Report Jump in New Members, Renewals, and Total Membership Counts | http://bit.ly/ne9T2k Marketing General
- The Cultural Data Project: An Effective Tool for Arts Funders http://bit.ly/nZjdhl RE:Philanthropy
Technology / Social Media
- 6 More YouTube Tips for Nonprofits http://bit.ly/p83DYw Katya’s Non-Profit Marketing Blog
- 12 Ways to Develop a Community of Blog Readers | http://bit.ly/pvnxgx Social Media Strategy for Nonprofits and Businesses
- Facebook nuked the ‘Like’ button, now what? http://bit.ly/qDwHbV socialbrite
- Finding Your Funding Model (September 14, 2011) http://bit.ly/oG2yS8 Stanford Social Innovation Review
- AFP Launches Tool to Help Fundraisers Assess, Strengthen Ethical Performancehttp://bit.ly/ri8BWW FundRaising Success
- What Trustees Should Know About Collaboration Options http://bit.ly/oGVUQk The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Emerging Legal Questions in Today’s Nonprofit Boardroom – http://bit.ly/qKiSqX Nonprofit Law Blog
In The News/Other
- Giving Day In Texas (UPDATE: 9/30/2011 – $10.7 million raised) http://bit.ly/nDC9PT The NonProfit Times
- Give to the Max Day Aims to Raise $3M for DC Area Nonprofits – http://bit.ly/oe1i0Z Care2
- Athletes Have Coaches. Why Not Everyone Else? http://n.pr/r3Ylzm NPR
- 10 Resources / toolboxes for Small Nonprofits http://bit.ly/p8OYm8 about.com
- Teaching Resource Packets (great resources for nonprofits) http://bit.ly/pnQeqv Philanthropy Journal