This might surprise you, but every once in a while I come across a ‘no person.’ I think you may have met this person before (in fact I think I can occasionally be that person). But the trademark of this person is that, no matter what you say and no matter what you suggest, they’ve either tried it before or it won’t work for their group.
I know we all get to that place once in a while. It feels stuck and horrible and quite often we recognize that we’re there, but just aren’t sure how to move from that place into a mindset of hopefulness.
But the next time you find yourself in that place… (continue reading here)
Where I’ll be next:
- Oct. 18 – 20 – International Fundraising Conference – Noordwijk, Netherlands, attending
- Nov. 1 – Center for Nonprofit Excellence Annual Conference – Louisville, KY, attending
- Nov. 3 – Are You Ready for a Major Gift Campaign Webinar – Online (FREE)
- Nov. 7 – Monthly Q&A Call for Clients
- Nov. 16 – AFP Greater Louisville Chapter, Philanthropy Day Luncheon, attending
- Nov. 17 – 8 Steps to Fundraising Success – Bluegrass PRSA Chapter Meeting
Are you new to fundraising? Would you like to know (ahead of time) some of the pitfalls to avoid related to starting and/or running a development office? Call or email me to schedule a strategy session to learn more.
Here is a summary of recent articles and blogs related to fundraising and nonprofit organizations. As always, please forward this to others who might benefit from the information. Thanks again for reading!
- The one sound effect that all fundraisers need (hint: silence) http://bit.ly/nQXk7U Katya’s Non-Profit Marketing Blog
- Does your fundraising program need a personal trainer? http://bit.ly/nLXSbs FundRaising Success
- Funders and Social Media (using and investing in social media) http://bit.ly/pfLtnn PhilanTopic
- Screw a donor and you screw all of us! (nonprofits and professional fundraisers) http://bit.ly/nxHvde Donor Dreams Blog
- UK Study Points to 2 ‘fixable’ Volunteer Retention Issues (team culture/program ops) http://bit.ly/nP8W9U Tobi’s Nonprofit Management Blog
- CSR Impacts the Bottom Line (stats to share with companies considering CSR) http://bit.ly/pteyMX The Network for Good
- Charitable Giving and Happiness: Advice from the Dalai Lama http://bit.ly/qZZXzj RE:Philanthropy
- Philanthropy is ‘Sustainable’ (so true!) http://bit.ly/ob76Kg For Impact
- Great stewardship ideas: Thanks a Million: How to Thank Your Donors So They’ll Give More http://bit.ly/rr9nOS Marketing for Nonprofits
- Don’t forget Gen X! (and some tips to do so) The X Factor http://bit.ly/oJixuD Donor Power Blog
- Move Your Nonprofit Agenda Forward with Opinion Editorials | http://bit.ly/qcCbyS Getting Attention Blog
- Love this idea! Low Cost, High Impact Engagement (shareholder meetings) http://bit.ly/pnTtxl BLACKBAUD’S Prospect Research Blog
In The News
- New Law in California Promotes Social Entrepreneurship – http://bit.ly/qiYi68 Asian American Giving
- Metropolitan Opera Boosts Fund Raising 50% (it took money to raise the money) http://bit.ly/rpzpwi The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- The Cure for the Not-for-Profit Crisis (not hitting all ngo’s equally) http://bit.ly/mPgLYC Harvard Business Review
- It’s not (just) about the money | http://bit.ly/mWPNK2 Alliance
- Adventures in innovation (tips for great idea sessions) http://bit.ly/mW8p79 Lucy Gower | 101fundraising
- Gala economics (fun, but not the best way to raise money) http://bit.ly/nfKSAS Seth’s Blog
- Which Nonprofits Have Room For More Funding? (is money REALLY the bottleneck?) http://bit.ly/oVAWlv Tactical Philanthropy