The International Fundraising Congress started with the stories of five women from around the world and their journeys with philanthropy. Even though these women came from different places, there were similarities between their stories and their journeys. Karen Osborne, a US-based fundraising consultant, provided an engaging narrative tying these stories together.
The stories started with Anu Aga from India. She works with several charities, including Teach for Asia. She saw a need, and saw giving as a way to help. In regards to her philanthropy, she stated simply that “giving is a very natural thing… and it’s very joyous… (it is) very fulfilling – not a duty or a chore. Continue reading…
Where I’ll be next:
- Nov. 3 – Are You Ready for a Major Gift Campaign Webinar – Online (FREE)
- Nov. 7 – Monthly Q&A Call for Clients
- Nov. 16 – AFP Greater Louisville Chapter, Philanthropy Day Luncheon, attending
- Nov. 17 – 8 Steps to Fundraising Success – Bluegrass PRSA Chapter Meeting
Are you new to fundraising? Would you like to know (ahead of time) some of the pitfalls to avoid related to starting and/or running a development office? Call or email me to schedule a strategy session to learn more.
Here is a summary of recent articles and blogs related to fundraising and nonprofit organizations. As always, please forward this to others who might benefit from the information. Thanks again for reading!
- Does it feel like your fundraising efforts are always starting from ground zero? Learn more with this FREE Webinar Nov 3…
- Creativity leads to fundraising success: Nashville food truck competition | http://bit.ly/sTr9xY The Tennessean
- Healthy Signs for Year-End Giving: 3 in 4 say they will give the same or more http://bit.ly/rXM3aC The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- The UK Civil Society Almanac 2010: Workforce | http://bit.ly/ryjJaB Third Sector
- Consumers, Causes and Companies: Trends in Cause Marketing (hint: not all rosy news) http://bit.ly/tK1Yer Joanne’s Nonprofits Blog
- Philanthropy runs deep for African-Americans http://bit.ly/vU6NqU FundRaising Success
- Get Advice Here: Direct Mail for Small Nonprofits http://bit.ly/s96mRW Kivi’s Nonprofit Communications Blog
- Fundraising from Companies? Check this out: CSR: The Business Case – http://bit.ly/vheuUz The Network for Good
- How to Keep the Momentum Going After an Event (follow-up is essential!) http://bit.ly/st1Wzg The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Great tips: Warming Up to a Cold Call http://bit.ly/tEYo0H Copley Raff’s Giving Take
- Innovative Idea! Trickle-Forward Economics: Water-Based Experiment In Viral Philanthropy | http://bit.ly/vpsdXj Fast Company
- Idealware’s Nonprofit Social Media Decision Guide, Updated for 2011 | http://bit.ly/uLwrdQ Beth’s Blog
- Secret to going viral: compelling + concise + credible = contagious http://bit.ly/vfbj7e Katya’s Non-Profit Marketing Blog
- Growing Advocates: Unraveling the Myth of Slacktivism | http://bit.ly/rtjmLo Inspiring Generosity