This past Sunday I was able to attend worship at my old church, First Presbyterian Church in Orlando Florida. The pastor shared an illustration that really hit home for me. I always encourage my clients to celebrate their accomplishments. It can be so easy to finish one thing and jump to the next without taking a moment to reflect and celebrate.
The pastor shared about the differences between the pictures he and his daughter take. His are very event centered – basketball games, graduations, birthdays. And that makes sense. When film needed to be developed, we had to be very particular about how we used it. Digital cameras have opened up a whole new world for us. His daughter takes pictures of everyday life and somehow manages to find special moments to capture. Things like a circle of feet in the sand with all the toes a different color, like an interesting shadow or just having fun.
This challenged me to seek out those moments in my own life. What can you do this week to recognize the moments of joy, in the midst of everyday life, that you get to experience?
Below is a summary of articles and blogs from the past week related to fundraising and nonprofit organizations. As always, please forward this to others who might benefit from the information. Thanks again for reading!
- The Fundraising Effectiveness Report http://t.co/Gtq8G5k The Agitator
- Measuring your fundraising effectiveness http://bit.ly/r7o3zV Kirsten Bullock for SOFII’s Blog
- Funders Aren’t Investors, They’re Purchasers http://bit.ly/qYGr8J Stanford Social Innovation Review
- Fundraisers should know the joy of old age (or – it’s not about you) http://bit.ly/oslsR1 Future Fundraising Now
- How “small errors” drive away donors – http://bit.ly/qAviCQ Future Fundraising Now
- Good news: Fundraising on the Rise for the 12th consecutive month http://bit.ly/rkbbbX BLACKBAUD: Press Releases
- Japan’s Red Cross Gets Donations From Vending Machines (could it work in the US?) http://bit.ly/r1GBct The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Associations Report Jump in New Members, Renewals, and Total Membership Counts http://bit.ly/pLJa10 Membership Marketing Blog
- How Non-Profits Can Maximize Engagement on Facebook http://on.mash.to/p3DiSE mashable
- Is Mobile Technology Better for Communication Than Fund Raising? (different goals) http://bit.ly/qTbddN The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- How to create a more social website (why your nonprofit would benefit with examples) http://bit.ly/r4FIyD socialbrite
- Has Your Generosity LinkedIn? http://bit.ly/oy9F4x Inspiring Generosity
- Fundraising Versus Dues (simple math never works) http://bit.ly/nylGdX The Agitator
- A Volunteer Photographer is Worth a Thousand Words | http://bit.ly/qrJH3Q Engaging Volunteers
- The Power of Story Telling http://bit.ly/qvB8wK VolunteerSpot
- Email: More is okay and works well – if it’s good http://bit.ly/n2w5Q8 Katya’s Non-Profit Marketing Blog
- Manifesto for a Fundraising Board | http://bit.ly/pH79TL Gailperry.com
- Quick Tips: Fundraising with Your CEO | http://bit.ly/oPTUxp The Good Steward
- Powerful Elevator Speech Exercise for Your Board Members | http://bit.ly/qTYNrU Gailperry.com