It has been a fun month so far. As the new president of our local Association of Fundraising Professionals chapter I started the year by submitting our required ‘annual report’ to our national offices. What a great feeling to click ‘send’ on the final pieces of documentation! The next step is to be recognized as a ‘10-Star Chapter,’ basically meaning that we go beyond mere compliance and do a little extra to build philanthropy – and the fundraising profession – locally. It would be impossible to go above and beyond without a great team at the local level who are all committed to this cause. It is impossible to say thank you enough to all the people who make it possible.
Who are the people who make what you do possible? Your board, your volunteers, your staff. I encourage you to say thank you this week. And be creative about it!
THIS WEEK’S BLOG POST:
Several years ago, I was hired by an organization to develop a formal fundraising program for them. But every time I came up with a new approach to try I got the same response: “but we don’t do it that way here.” Over the course of the next 18 months I had my work cut out for me. To learn more about how I overcame these challenges, click here.
Looking forward to connecting again soon. Until then, here’s to a great – and grateful – week!
Kirsten Bullock, CFRE
Your Fundraising Coach
PS: A great big Welcome! to all the new readers who joined our GrowingYourDonors community since last week! You are going to love the resources you’ll find here to help you raise visibility – and money – for your cause. Enjoy!
Each week, I’ll be highlighting a different resource that I think you might find helpful. It might be a book, or training session, or, in this case, a webinar. Looking forward to sharing more in the future!
Join me for a webinar, Starting 2012 Right, to learn how to reach – and exceed your 2012 fundraising goals
Do you have a plan in place to reach your 2012 fundraising goals? Overwhelmed by the process of setting up a plan? Not sure where to start? Join me on Monday 23rd at 11am EST to learn a step-by-step approach to follow. You’ll learn 5 steps to take to ensure you meet – or exceed – your 2012 fundraising goal. You’ll also receive forms and samples to help you systematize your fundraising program and learn 3 indicators of success you need to start tracking.
The discounted rate of $27 ends tomorrow, January 18. After that the price increases to $38. Visit this page to learn more and to register. Looking forward to seeing you online!
Jan 23: Webinar, Starting 2012 Right
Feb 13: Monthly Q&A Call
Feb 16: 8 Steps to Fundraising Success, Center for Nonprofit Excellence (Louisville)
Feb 17: Operating Costs Interview with Jen Lenard-Benson, CFRE
Mar 8: Planned Giving Interview with Tony Martignetti, Esq.
Mar 12: Monthly Q&A Call
Fundraising and Nonprofit News Roundup
Here’s a summary of recent articles and blogs related to fundraising and nonprofit organizations. As always, please forward this to others who might benefit from the information. Thanks again for reading!
- Creating a 60 Day Fundraising Plan: Days 1-15 | Tri Point Fundraising http://ow.ly/1DEhF1
- Great resource: Primer On Online Fundraising | The Agitator http://ow.ly/1DEiut
- What to do with a donor who doesn’t make good on their pledge? http://ow.ly/8rcUk@lorjacobwith
- Increasing seed money from 10% to 67% of goal produced nearly 6x increase in gifts. http://ow.ly/8u1mr
- Your 3-Step Plan to Approach Grant Funders That Only Give to Preselected Organizations http://ow.ly/1DVSqh
- It’s about engagement now: The People Formally Known as the Audience – Katya’s Non-Profit Marketing Blog http://ow.ly/1DEhce
- Donor recognition: What’s In a Name? | BLACKBAUD’S Prospect Research Blog http://ow.ly/1DEhUW
- Sharing your story: 4 Ways to Bring Creativity Into 2012 | Inspiring Generosity http://ow.ly/1DEift
- Get Personal to Get Relevant – Your “From” Line & More | Getting Attention Nonprofit Blog http://ow.ly/1DJT79
- Hints galore on how to raise money with newsletters – Future Fundraising Now http://ow.ly/1DVUfr
- 6 Steps to Getting Started With Google+ » http://ow.ly/8rpGm Social Media Examiner
- All about mobile giving: Real Time Charitable Giving | Pew Research Center’s http://ow.ly/1DVR4V
- YouTube for event marketing in under 30 minutes | Event Manager Blog http://ow.ly/1DVUwX
- Have you tried Pinterest? Steal these 42 Creative Pinterest Ideas for Nonprofits – http://ow.ly/1DVQGL
- Using Twitter for Volunteer Recruitment: Jersey Cares | Social Media Strategy for Nonprofits http://ow.ly/1DVTdG
Leadership / Other
- Nonprofit Boards and the iPad: a Good Fit? Maybe… http://ow.ly/1DVNYP
- Time for a Guidestar status check for your nonprofit? « The Butterfly Effect (Blog) http://ow.ly/1DJSxE
- The Danger Of Online Lobbying for nonprofits http://ow.ly/1DVRv7 The Nonprofit Times
- Replace .org with .ngo?A good idea or a way for someone to make money off nonprofits? Chronicle of Philanthropy http://ow.ly/1DJTIT
- Philanthropy (and politics) in America: A History by Olivier Zunz | Stanford Social Innovation Review http://ow.ly/1DScDv
Kirsten Bullock, CFRE, MBA is a consultant, trainer and coach who works with leaders of non-profit organizations and ministries to raise awareness – and funding for the causes they are passionate about.
Through her training, coaching and consulting programs, Kirsten helps her students rekindle the things that first got them excited about their cause and share that enthusiasm with others, resulting in higher engagement, and higher giving.
If this information was helpful for you, visit www.GrowingYourDonors.com to learn more about how Kirsten can help you – and your organization- can get the resources you need to accomplish your passion.