It has been a fun month so far. As the new president of our local Association of Fundraising Professionals chapter I started the year by submitting our required ‘annual report’ to our national offices. What a great feeling to click ‘send’ on the final pieces of documentation! The next step is to be recognized as a ‘10-Star Chapter,’ basically meaning that we go beyond mere compliance and do a little extra to build philanthropy – and the fundraising profession – locally. It would be impossible to go above and beyond without a great team at the local level who are all committed to this cause. It is impossible to say thank you enough to all the people who make it possible.
Who are the people who make what you do possible? Your board, your volunteers, your staff. I encourage you to say thank you this week. And be creative about it!
Looking forward to connecting again soon. Until then, here’s to a great – and grateful – week!
Kirsten Bullock, CFRE
Fundraising and Nonprofit News Roundup
Here’s a summary of recent articles and blogs related to fundraising and nonprofit organizations. As always, please forward this to others who might benefit from the information. Thanks again for reading!
- Creating a 60 Day Fundraising Plan: Days 1-15 | Tri Point Fundraising http://ow.ly/1DEhF1
- Great resource: Primer On Online Fundraising | The Agitator http://ow.ly/1DEiut
- What to do with a donor who doesn’t make good on their pledge? http://ow.ly/8rcUk@lorjacobwith
- Increasing seed money from 10% to 67% of goal produced nearly 6x increase in gifts. http://ow.ly/8u1mr
- Your 3-Step Plan to Approach Grant Funders That Only Give to Preselected Organizations http://ow.ly/1DVSqh
- It’s about engagement now: The People Formally Known as the Audience – Katya’s Non-Profit Marketing Blog http://ow.ly/1DEhce
- Donor recognition: What’s In a Name? | BLACKBAUD’S Prospect Research Blog http://ow.ly/1DEhUW
- Sharing your story: 4 Ways to Bring Creativity Into 2012 | Inspiring Generosity http://ow.ly/1DEift
- Get Personal to Get Relevant – Your “From” Line & More | Getting Attention Nonprofit Blog http://ow.ly/1DJT79
- Hints galore on how to raise money with newsletters – Future Fundraising Now http://ow.ly/1DVUfr
- 6 Steps to Getting Started With Google+ » http://ow.ly/8rpGm Social Media Examiner
- All about mobile giving: Real Time Charitable Giving | Pew Research Center’s http://ow.ly/1DVR4V
- YouTube for event marketing in under 30 minutes | Event Manager Blog http://ow.ly/1DVUwX
- Have you tried Pinterest? Steal these 42 Creative Pinterest Ideas for Nonprofits – http://ow.ly/1DVQGL
- Using Twitter for Volunteer Recruitment: Jersey Cares | Social Media Strategy for Nonprofits http://ow.ly/1DVTdG
Leadership / Other
- Nonprofit Boards and the iPad: a Good Fit? Maybe… http://ow.ly/1DVNYP
- Time for a Guidestar status check for your nonprofit? « The Butterfly Effect (Blog) http://ow.ly/1DJSxE
- The Danger Of Online Lobbying for nonprofits http://ow.ly/1DVRv7 The Nonprofit Times
- Replace .org with .ngo?A good idea or a way for someone to make money off nonprofits? Chronicle of Philanthropy http://ow.ly/1DJTIT
- Philanthropy (and politics) in America: A History by Olivier Zunz | Stanford Social Innovation Review http://ow.ly/1DScDv