Have you ever sat down at a board meeting and realized that no one was excited to be there? There could be several reasons for that. Maybe it was the end of a long day for everyone. Maybe they ate too much for dinner and are tired. Or maybe, just maybe, it’s something you can do something about. Continue Reading
Here is your weekly roundup of recent articles and blogs related to fundraising and nonprofit organizations. As always, please feel free to forward this to others who might benefit from the information. Thanks for reading!
- Free Direct Mail Webinar From the Best: Was It the Envelope? http://ow.ly/1FPcKq The Agitator
- Infographics for Nonprofits…The Good; the Bad; the Ugly http://ow.ly/1G97Es Karen Zapp’s Nonprofit News Blog
- Who Has the Money? Surprise! (hint: women) http://ow.ly/1FPA5J BLACKBAUD’S Prospect Research Blog
- Sage Advice from Tim Ahern: In Direct Mail, All Responses, Even Complaints, Are Good http://ow.ly/1FPBTr Kivi’s Nonprofit Communications Blog
- Constructing a Better Board Orientation http://ow.ly/1FZt7Z Laramie Board Learning Project
- Inconvenient Truths About Committees http://ow.ly/1FZtAd Wild Apricot Blog
- Survey Results: How Boards Feel About Fundraising http://ow.ly/1FZsVZ Copley Raff’s Giving Take
- Have You Taken the Pledge Yet? Generosity Day is the 14th! http://ow.ly/1FPbkY Sasha Dichter’s Blog
- The Power of Stories in Social Change http://ow.ly/1FZqZG Allison Fine
- Use Social Media to Get Volunteers and Donations in One Fell Swoop http://ow.ly/1FPgUU Engaging Volunteers
- Chicago Tribune Pulls ‘Doonesbury’ Because of Charity Appeal http://ow.ly/1FPznY The Washington Post
- Tips for Fundraising Writers – http://ow.ly/1FPAFO Future Fundraising Now
- Is Your Mission Statement Boilerplate? http://ow.ly/1FZhbl The Uncataloged Museum: Mission Accomplished?
- How to Use Technology to Inspire Good Habits http://ow.ly/1FZi40 The Chronicle of Philanthropy