Here’s a sneak preview from Chapter Three of my new book. It’s still in editing, but I’m hoping to have it completed by the end of the year!
Harold J Seymour, noted fund-raising pioneer, said: “The case statement is the definitive piece of the whole campaign. It tells all that needs to be told, answers all the important questions, reviews the arguments for support, explains the proposed plan for raising the money, and shows how gifts may be made, and who the people are who vouch for the project, and who will give it #leadership and direction.” That’s a lot for one document to do.
Thanks for following! Below is a summary of articles and blogs from the past week related to #fundraising and nonprofit organizations. As always, please forward this to others who might benefit from the information. Hope you have a fabulous week!
- The key to donor-centricity (knowing who they are, what they do and what they like) http://bit.ly/nn0hGg Pamela Grow
- The 90-degree shift 800 years ago (see things from your donor’s perspective) http://bit.ly/n9T8s9 101fundraising
- Dress Code: Slippers & PJs – How to Leverage Social Media Supporters for Your Nonprofit Event http://bit.ly/naQf5a Kivi’s Blog
- Eight lessons for #online fundraising (from Wikipedia campaign) http://bit.ly/mUxZiP SOFII
- Clearer Content is THE Priority for Nonprofit Website Success | http://bit.ly/mTt5vL Getting Attention Blog
- Don’t make your copy hard to read even if your donors are educated http://bit.ly/rb8bT5 Future Fundraising Now
- Thank-You Note Prompts Unexpected Foundation Gift http://bit.ly/nX36EO The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- When beautiful design is ugly fundraising http://bit.ly/r4TFTt Future Fundraising Now
- The 4 Words That Will Get Your #Email Opened | http://bit.ly/qwOREt Copyblogger
- Board Member’s Job: be a connector / be donor-centered http://t.co/39NdT8h Ignite Your Fundraising
- Why Financial Reserves are no longer optional – http://bit.ly/pvHGM5 The Chronical of Philanthropy
- 6 tips for pitching a company on a cause partnership http://bit.ly/qQY4vz Katya’s Non-Profit Marketing Blog
- The Fundraiser’s Kiss of Death: Talking Too Much | http://bit.ly/ruYcyv Gailperry.com
In the News
- Erie Gives Day Rakes In The Cash http://bit.ly/qlLw2J The NonProfit Times
- Charitable Deduction Not Touched in Debt-Ceiling Deal http://bit.ly/ogGT00 The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- The #L3C – 3 Years Later http://bit.ly/q0LaDZ Nonprofit Law Blog
- Budget Deal Puts Pressure on Nonprofit Advocacy – http://bit.ly/nwkPoW The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- #Nonprofits Must Navigate Stormy Economic Waters | http://bit.ly/nl9vzA Foundation Group Blog