My mom is in town visiting for a few days. Yesterday we went on an excursion to Berea, Kentucky. Not only is it a quaint town with great Kentucky craft stores, it was also my father’s first residence in the United States. He was a gymnast (from Denmark) and spent some time at Berea College in the mid-60′s as a gymnastics instructor.
Taking some time to reflect on where we come from can be a good way to refocus and develop future plans and goals. That’s one of the reasons ongoing evaluation is so important. We talk a lot about future goals and plans, but it is equally important to know where we are.
Below is a summary of articles and blogs from the past week related to fundraising and nonprofit organizations. As always, please forward this to others who might benefit from the information. Hope you have a fabulous week!
- Reactivating ‘Inactives’ (HINT: make it harder for them to lapse in the first place) http://bit.ly/osSI5p The Agitator
- T.R.A.P. Your Supporters (Trust Response Action Promote) http://bit.ly/noFJQi Pamela Grow’s Grantwriting Blog
- How relaxed are your donors? (could result in larger gifts) http://bit.ly/qv67OU Future Fundraising Now
- 5 Tips for surviving a double dip recession http://bit.ly/mQSy6G Donor Dreams Blog
- Great Ideas Are Not Always Great Programs (here are some steps to take) http://bit.ly/mVgOaB eJewish Philanthropy
- Direct debit cancellation rates on the rise (in the UK) http://bit.ly/qJqkUS queer ideas
- Two-Thirds of Donors Plan to Cut Back on Giving This Fall – http://bit.ly/mXWY5K The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- 4 Tools to Help Any Nonprofit Tell Stories Online – http://bit.ly/qeo6Oc Online Fundraising, Advocacy, and Social Media
- How to create a successful multi-author blog for your nonprofit – http://bit.ly/ohYvRg Social media marketing for non-profits
- Are you using social media to broadcast or engage? http://t.co/eS0Vz8e FundraisingCoach.com
- Storytelling 2.0: Why nonprofits need to tell stories http://bit.ly/oJVYsT socialbrite
- Strong Partnership of Email and Direct Mail (some tips) http://bit.ly/r9k173 Karen Zapp – Nonprofit Copywriter
- Create a “Friendmaking” Committee of Board Members | http://bit.ly/qmueXi Gailperry.com
In the News / Other
- Should Nonprofits Say “Goodbye” to Government Funding (and move towards individual giving)? http://bit.ly/qeZcVO Marketing for Nonprofits
- Irresponsible Corporate Responsibility: Doing Good Isn’t Always Done Well | http://bit.ly/pZbyxG Business 2 Community
- Google Rejects Religious Nonprofits http://bit.ly/oyOakO The Nonprofit Times
- In gratitude | What a Southern Gentleman Taught Me (who have you
learned from?) http://bit.ly/pbglat Pamela Grow