I remember thinking, ‘why don’t they care?’ as I was working towards my social work degree. My classmates would come back from their internships and share about people living in poverty, in houses with gaping holes in the roof, ceiling and floor. Learning tips from those who had been in the field a long time. Things like: make sure you go early in the day before the trouble makers wake up. Avoid sitting on anything with cushions (to avoid lice and bugs). If you must sit on a cushion, sit as far forward as possible.
And all around me there were people who seemed to just not care. Have you ever gotten frustrated because others just don’t seem to care about the work you are doing?
Below is a summary of articles and blogs from the past week related to fundraising and nonprofit organizations. As always, please forward this to others who might benefit from the information. Hope you have a fabulous week!
- If donors knew what others gave, would they give more? (short answer: yes) http://bit.ly/r9I2zg The Butterfly Effect (Blog)
- 10 Tips to Boost Your Fundraising http://bit.ly/nm3sMi Katya’s Non-Profit Marketing Blog
- A Fundraiser’s Secret Weapon: Your Radar (don’t stay longer than you’re welcome) http://bit.ly/nRm9P1 Gailperry.com
- Year-End Fundraising Brings in 40% of Online Donations. Are you Prepared? http://t.co/G0hPvMX frogloop
- A checklist to help supercharge your fundraising appeals – http://bit.ly/oz5ceI SOFII’s Blog
- From the mouths of donors: Wrap-up / Suggestions http://t.co/KHvvIiW « Donor Dreams Blog
- Where Should You Invest Your Time: Google+, Search, or Email? | http://bit.ly/mRMIRc Beth’s Blog
- 5 Tips to Creating the Best Email Subject Line for Online Fundraising | http://bit.ly/nq3V6y Inspiring Generosity
- 16 tips for making video interviews come alive http://bit.ly/qVCKk8 socialbrite
- Five Ways Nonprofits Can Use QR Codes – http://bit.ly/qv7mYa Online Fundraising, Advocacy, and Social Media – frogloop
- Microsoft Ups Its Production Donation Program http://bit.ly/ooJMJC The NonProfit Times
- Nonprofit Boards: Critical Component to Successful Scale Efforts – http://bit.ly/paeQI4 RE:Philanthropy
- Salary and benefits studies: are you competitive? http://t.co/uYszKcA The NonProfit Times
- Nonprofit Mergers Around the Nation: Are They Really a Trend? http://bit.ly/qMfV0n The Nonprofit Quarterly
In the News
- Volunteerism Holds Steady in America – http://bit.ly/pTbPDz The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- How a Double-Dip Recession Could Affect Giving – http://bit.ly/p0odlZ The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- More On The Erie Gives Day Fundraiser ($771,030 raised) http://bit.ly/nDdPBt The NonProfit Times
- Volunteers Clocked 8.1 Billion Hours in 2010 (that’s a bunch of hours!) http://bit.ly/nb8xAC Joanne Frits’ Nonprofits Blog