Involvement increases investment.
Multiple studies have confirmed what many suspected. The more involved someone is in a cause, the more money they will invest in the cause.
So how do we involve people in the first place?
First, provide meaningful avenues of involvement. Yes, I know that papers need to be filed and data needs to be entered, but if you’re trying to connect people with the heart of your mission, provide activities that will allow them to see firsthand the impact on people’s lives.
Here’s a summary of recent articles and blogs related to fundraising and nonprofit organizations. As always, please forward this to others who might benefit from the information. Thanks again for reading!
- The Smartest, Easiest, Most Productive Annual Giving Strategy Around (hint: monthly giving) http://bit.ly/kHKcDS Gailperry.com
- Telemarketers Rally (it’s a personal touch, but they do get a bad rap) http://bit.ly/lB99ws The Agitator
- Fun idea: Flash Mob Surprises Guests at Fund-Raising Dinner – http://bit.ly/j7Ikvg The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- The WOW moment (turning one-time donors into long-term supporters) | http://bit.ly/jh8HDT 101fundraising
- How to Win Very Big Gifts (Hint: face-to-face is essential) http://bit.ly/lzEO0T The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Systems are great! Fire Up the Lapsed-Donor Reactivation Machine http://bit.ly/l27SfJ FundRaising Success
- 2011 Charitable Giving Surge Continues – But Storm Clouds Loom | http://bit.ly/jOCxrm PNNOnline.org
- Just how much do faith, ethnicity, politics and age affect giving? http://bit.ly/lNQV2n Katya’s Non-Profit Marketing Blog #fundraising
- At age 7, Facebook has matured (lost 6 million users last month) http://bit.ly/jcJvEO Social Impact Blog
- Get Fans to Fundraise for You with Birthday Wish http://bit.ly/lAuaf1 Kivi’s Nonprofit Communications Blog
- How To Standardize Your Nonprofit’s Social Media Measurement: Use This Grid | http://bit.ly/myAChe Beth’s Blog
- How to Choose #Donor Management Software for Your Nonprofit http://bit.ly/mSbiMJ Joanne’s Nonprofits Blog
- Are Non-profits Seeing Results on Facebook? (short answer: YES!) http://bit.ly/ivVnJz Wild Apricot Blog
- Web Gifts – Getting the Whole Pie (more than an online donation form) http://bit.ly/iwpsFF Fundraising for #Nonprofits
- What’s missing from your appeals? (hint: it’s about the details) http://bit.ly/k8LVu2 Katya’s Non-Profit Marketing Blog
- Thonors;, Not Donors | http://bit.ly/jjwynq The Agitator
- 5 Tips tp Make Your Donors Feel Like Rock Stars – http://bit.ly/jQYfwk Online Fundraising, Advocacy, and Social Media – frogloop
- The seven deadly sins of fundraising appeals – and how to avoid them | http://bit.ly/mt3Fqz 101fundraising
- How to Attract Event Sponsors – http://bit.ly/ifTYaE The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- For Whom the Revocations Tolled (12.1% were in California, 7% educational organizations) http://bit.ly/jeXCvV GuideStar #IRS #nonprofits
- Five Key Questions Nonprofit Leaders Need to Ask to Ensure Organizational Growth http://bit.ly/mR7iad The Nonprofit Quarterly
- Let the IRS know what you think about parts of the 990 (PDF directions) http://1.usa.gov/iH9EyX IRS.gov
- Increasing Profits Best for Social Good, Adviser Says (ie do what you’re good at) http://bit.ly/jVKZeM The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- IRS Considers Changes in Disclosure Rules (for local affiliates of national orgs) http://bit.ly/jWOOmc The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Plans Collapse Leaving Medically Uninsured in the Fault (bad precedent for other CHCs) http://bit.ly/mAHOnx The Nonprofit Quarterly
- Minnesota AG Prepares Plans for a State Government Shutdown http://bit.ly/ikjAO2 The Nonprofit Quarterly
- Small-Scale Volunteering with Large-Scale Impact | http://bit.ly/ji9pi7 Engaging Volunteers
- Protection of Charitable Assets Act On Agenda For Uniform Law Group – http://bit.ly/mQKKV9 TheNonProfitTimes