These past few weeks I’ve been having a blast connecting (and reconnecting) with some other experts to the nonprofit world. We’ve been preparing for The Nonprofit Academy™ Fall 2012 Telesummit. While we’ve been having a good time, what gets me even more excited is the great information they will be sharing with you – for free – the last few days of this month.
On a more personal note, my husband took me out to dinner this past week to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We talked all about how different life is now from what we thought it would be, as well as reminisced about fun times spent together. Everything from the bellhop who said ‘Newlyweds?’ as he delivered room service our wedding night to the tiny room at the ‘Cab Inn’ we stayed at the first time he got to go to Denmark with me to meet my father. Then our fifth anniversary trip to a small village on the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico that was just magical. It was fun to reflect on where we have come from – and about where we might be headed to.
When was the last time you – and/or your organization – reflected on how far things have come? Too often we only compare against where we want to be – rather than celebrate what we’ve accomplished. If you haven’t done it lately, I challenge you to take 10 – 15 minutes sometime this week to write down all the great things that have happened for your organization (or for you personally) in the last year (or so). Then, keep that list updated each month. It’s a fun exercise!
Below is a summary of the latest articles and blogs related to fundraising and nonprofit organizations. As always, please forward this to others who might benefit from the information. Thanks again for reading!
- Different approach – better results: Think face-to-face fundraising: think mobile http://ow.ly/dqqpX 101 Fundraising
- It looks easy – until it isn’t: The Nonprofit Complexity Conundrum http://ow.ly/dtLUA Fundraising Success
- 5 Tips to Raise Much More from Your Current Donors http://ow.ly/dyWtf Fired Up Fundraising
- Give the donor what he needs (ask what he/sheis looking for) http://ow.ly/dvCZQ 101 Fundraising
- Advice for a new small-shop fundraiser http://ow.ly/dsRTI « The Butterfly Effect Blog
- Nonprofit Overhead Costs: Better Than We Thought? http://ow.ly/dsRga The AFP Blog
- Want your nonprofit to excel? Never forget WHY you do the work you do http://ow.ly/dsSuc Marketing for Nonprofits
- Building partnerships: There Is More To A Fundraiser Than Fundraising http://ow.ly/dtMcI E-Jewish Philanthropy
- Responding on social media: Does Your Nonprofit Have A Social Media Work Flow? http://ow.ly/dsRXL | Beth’s Blog
- School / nonprofit auction ideas: Use Pinterest to build interest http://ow.ly/dsSHQ Red Apple Auctions
- How One Executive Director Uses Social Media For Her Small Nonprofit http://ow.ly/dvCvL Inspiring Generosity
- Win the Click (and support) With Your nonprofit Email Newsletter http://ow.ly/dsRNz Joanne Fritz
- Looks like a good start: Apple Moves to Reverse Its Reputation for Stinginess http://ow.ly/dsS2I The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Attention Nonprofit Data Nerds! NTEN Change Journal: It’s All About Data http://ow.ly/dtMUq | Beth’s Blog
- Corporate Foundation Giving Showing Signs Of Life http://ow.ly/dtN5e The Nonprofit Times
- Thinking about QR codes for your nonprofit? 4 Tools That’ll Make You Love QR Codes http://ow.ly/dyWK5 John Haydon