Below is a summary of the latest articles and blogs related to fundraising and nonprofit organizations. As always, please forward this to others who might benefit from the information. Thanks again for reading!
- Gail Perry shares some thoughts on how to increase the percentage of people who make it to your donation page – and who actually make a gift.
- How is online giving going? Network for Good has developed a national online giving index. Hint: online giving is up!
- As more people begin reading their email on their mobile devices, it’s becoming more important to make sure your email is mobile-friendly.
- Meghan Keaney Anderson shares some ideas on how to ensure your Facebook posts are getting seen (especially in light of the recent changes).
- Nancy Schwartz shares her take on marketing trends – and how they apply to nonprofits.
- We’re being inundated with messages every day. Steve Thomas shares some tips here to stand out and get noticed. Jeff Brooks also shares some suggestions for getting your fundraising copy read.
- Agitator Roger Craver reflects on how tote bags and calendars seem to be taking the place of relationships and brand recognition.
- Want to learn more about giving trends this holiday season, check out this infographic from Razoo.
- Does crowdfunding have a place in your fundraising plan? Here’s a Q&A with Ed Norton, founder of Crowdrise.
- If yours is one of the majority of boards that isn’t making the most of your board members, read some tips from SSIR to improve that.
- Considering a collaboration? Good data can help your chances for success. This article from Fast Company shares some lessons if you’re planning on taking it one step further and consider a merger.
- As more nonprofit scandals hit the news, you’re probably a little concerned about making sure that your organization doesn’t get that kind of publicity. Jan Masaoka shares her thoughts about how a conflict of loyalty can also be a concern.
- Blackbaud’s recent survey shows that more people donated to charity in 2012 than in 2011. It also shows that mobile is gaining in importance.
- Recent research shows that Americans are volunteering more than ever. Joanne Fritz shows some more information from that report.
- The ‘fiscal cliff’ has been all over the news. Greg McRay shares about how it could impact nonprofits. Bath Kanter has a guest post from Steve MacLaughlin that shares some interesting trends – and suggestions for thriving in this environment.
- Capping charitable deductions has been in the news as part of that discussion. This infographic illustrates dangers associated with that cap.