Below is a summary of the latest articles and blogs related to fundraising and nonprofit organizations. As always, please forward this to others who might benefit from the information. Thanks again for reading!
- Is strategic planning changing? This article in SSIR thinks so.
- In this article from massnonprofit.org, Nonprofits are Advised to Cultivate New Leaders and Keep Investing in Technology.
- Are your board members pulling their weight? Here are some tips to help make sure your board is lean, healthy, and full of energy.
- The first step to finding donors is having people to communicate with. John Haydon shares nine tips for building your email list.
- Here’s an interesting awareness campaign – a Swedish campaign rebrands homeless living as a boutique hotel.
- Testimonials are compelling – here are some tips from Nancy Schwartz about how to get them.
- Here’s an updated video about social media in 2013.
- Do you have a monthly giving program? Here are some tips from NTEN about how to find monthly donors. In addition, Marc Pitman shares some ideas about how to keep your monthly donors renewing.
- Workplace giving has been taking a hit – while overall giving is up, the percent of employees participating is down.
- Here are some thoughts from Kivi Leroux Miller about Ashville Habitat’s successful year-end campaign.
- Sandy Rees shares 7 questions your fundraising plan must answer.
IN THE NEWS
- There has been growth in Asian-American giving recently– read more in this article from Fundraising Success.
- Where does a charitable inclination come from? It might not begin at home after all.
- And from San Antonio, the recognition that people who give, get a lot back too.
- Minnesota Grantmakers Anticipate Slight Increase in 2013 Giving