Fundraising Jump Start Home Study Course
Would you like to see better results from your fundraising efforts?
- Gifts trailing off?
- Not sure where to start?
- Overwhelmed by all of the information / trainings available?
- Frustrated because everyone runs the other way when you try to talk about fundraising?
If your organization needs a fundraising makeover – or you need to build a sustainable fundraising program – now is the time!
Dear Nonprofit Leader:
- have the money you need to impact your community in a big way
- turn your board into fundraising superstars
- have more volunteers than you know what to do with
- learn proven ways to increase your visibility
- attract more financial supporters
- leave your organization on stable financial footing
If so, then say YES to learning a step-by-step approach that will lead you to fundraising success.
Why Aren’t Things Working Already?
You’ve probably already read some books or articles, but the pieces aren’t coming together into a cohesive plan yet. Here’s why:
First, the people who are asking on behalf of your organization are probably not doing a great job of sharing how your organization helps your community. If they’re unclear, it’s very difficult for them to convince people that your organization is worthy of their hard earned dollars.
Second, people don’t know about you. Be honest, have you ever said that your agency is the best-kept-secret in town? People won’t give if they don’t know that there’s a need – and they won’t know that there’s a need if you don’t tell them.
And, not having a plan. Many fundraising programs are run without a clear plan. Without a clear plan, it’s easy to get sidetracked by the next-big-thing. Rather than focusing on proven strategies, you end up grasping at straws, overworked and exhausted, with no results to show for your effort.
Would you like help clarifying your mission, getting the word out, asking in an authentic way and developing a plan? Would you like to have someone walk with you through that process step-by-step?
Great! I can help you do that – because I’ve been where you are
I know the proven strategies that, when developed and implemented properly, can put the pieces in place that you need to succeed. How do I know this? I was once where you are now. In 1999 I was hired to be the Development Director for a health organization in Central Florida. Sure, I had experience writing grant proposals and had been exposed to philanthropy at a hospital foundation I worked at, but I had never run a development program before – and I certainly hadn’t built one from the ground up.
I remember trying to dig through the giving history of our donors and struggling to figure out where to start. I researched, I talked with the ‘experts’ at our local professional association meetings, and I went to a specialized training in Indianapolis. But everyone was talking about techniques that worked in much larger organizations with 10+ staff members committed to fundraising.
Slowly, with the help of a local consultant I talked into being my fundraising coach, we put together systems that would support a fundraising program in a small organization. Over the course of three years, we increased non-federal funding from $200,000 to over $1.3 million.
Then I started to wonder if that same systematic response would work with other organizations. And it did! Over the next several years I was able to nail down the pieces that had the most impact on building a sustainable fundraising program. It worked for small organizations and it worked for large international organizations. Today, I get to share that system with organizations across the U.S. (and around the world) through my writing, coaching, training and consulting.
And for me, helping organizations succeed is as much a calling as a profession. Growing up with a brother who had Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, I knew from an early age that I wanted to help people and organizations find their voice. For me, there’s nothing better than knowing that I am able to invest in nonprofit leaders, like you, to help accomplish your calling in life.
For more than ten years as the director of a faith-based non-profit, my greatest struggle/challenge was in fund-raising. I read books on the subject, attended seminars, listened to so many individuals who made it sound so easy. And, we danced on the edge of financial disaster. One of my board members (insisted that I) give Kirsten a call. I did so, reluctantly, meeting with her along with that board member. And we were soon into the intense training regimen.
It’s nearly a year later, and… we closed the books for the year 2011 in sound financial condition. My advice to those struggling to fund a faith-based non-profit/Christian Mission…call Kirsten Bullock…now.
– Roy Kustanbauter, Executive Director of Power Ministries
Growing Your Donors Made Simple
This Fundraising Jump Start Home Study System is developed to help you raise the money you need. This is accomplished by walking you though, step-by-step, developing the promotional materials and plans you’ll need.
Here’s what the Fundraising Jump Start Home Study System covers:
Attracting donors begins with understanding what interests your potential contributor. Then, it means taking serious action on it. Here’s what the Program helps you do:
- Understand Your Environment. Do you know where most of the charitable gifts come from? If not, you might be fishing in the wrong pond. Asking the right people will help you increase your support.
- Expand Your Vision. People want to be part of something big. A vision will give your future supporters something to believe in and base a partnership on
- Tell Your Story. Learn how to clearly articulate everything a donor needs to know before making a decision to contribute to your organization.
- Identify Your Primary Audience. In order to attract donors, you need to formulate a clear message that resonates with them. Identifying who you’re speaking to will make that much easier.
- Raise Awareness. People won’t give to your organization if they don’t know about you. And they won’t give if they don’t know that there’s a need.
- Start Asking. Learn a natural way to engage people in the work of your organization (and get the support you need!).
- Put It All Together. There’s nothing worse than having all the pieces, but not knowing where to get started. In this section, we’ll develop a step-by-step guide that will keep you from feeling overwhelmed.
- Recruit Others to Help. You don’t need to do this on your own. Learn how to recruit people to work with you to implement your plan.
If you are searching for a resource to put a fundraising program together, or simply improve the one you already have, then this course is for you. It is a wonderful blend of personal attention, caring instruction and 21st century technology that brings the subject to life in a pace and style that is easy and fun to follow. The supplemental materials are a wonderful complement to the narrated instruction and provide support beyond the course itself. I have been fundraising for years and still found myself scribbling notes and saying “Aha” frequently throughout this inspiring course. You will too.
– Wayne Olson, JD, Author of Think Like a Donor
You can expect to:
- Raise the money you need to impact your community in a big way
- Have more volunteers than you know what to do with
- No longer be ‘the best kept secret in town’
- Become comfortable with asking for financial support
- Develop your fundraising plan
- Work smarter at building your fundraising program, not harder
- Learn how to keep – and grow the donors you have
How quickly can you expect these results?
Much of that depends on you. Are you willing to try some new things (and, in some cases, willing to go back to the basics)? Do you have the time and energy to invest in building a strong network of people who want to support you? That said, virtually all clients see some results within the first few months. Fully developing your fundraising program will generally take 18-24 months.
Your Home Study System consists of a 3-ring binder, over 250 pages of reference materials, and a resources CD with recorded trainings and other printable forms and resources. This material covers:
Eight In-Depth Learning Modules that will walk you through the process of developing your fundraising materials including your ‘Case Statement,’ fundraising plan and awareness plan. That’s like getting 8 webinars. Value: $500
Fundraising Worksheets to support the process of developing these materials. Value: $250
BONUS #1: How to Introduce People to Your Cause Through Simple, Low-Cost, Non-Fundraising Events E-report.
You’ll learn the two things you must include to help people make the decision to get more involved with your organization. Plus you’ll receive a sample script for your follow-up call and a sample response card to use at your event! Value: $27
BONUS #2: Kirsten’s Favorite Donor Retention Planning Worksheets
These planning worksheets are provided in Word format so that you can easily adapt them and use them for your organization. Value: $27
The confidence that comes with knowing you’re on the right track to impact your community in a way only your organization is able to: Priceless
Maybe you’re still skeptical. I understand. After all, this may be the first time you’ve heard of me or my program. So, to make you feel as confident as I am, I’m putting my money where my mouth is, by offering you…
Take the Next Step Now!
Simply click here and complete your payment through PayPal. If you prefer to pay with a credit card simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and request an e-invoice.
I’m really looking forward to helping you!
Kirsten Bullock, CFRE. MBA
P.S. Don’t put off taking the steps that will help you turn things around for your organization. Order your copy of the Home Study System today!