Stuck in the Muck? Three Ideas to Help You Step Out.I’m sure you’ve never felt like this before. Waist deep in muck with no idea how to get out. Feelings of frustration, anger, sadness, and grief all at the same time. You might be asking yourself ‘how did I get here – again?’ We have so much in our field that talks about techniques and how to do things, but too often we overlook high burnout rates, high turnover rates, frustrations (both the side of board members and agency staff), and fewer people trying to get the same amount of work done. Keep readingto find a little help – and a little hope.
Looking forward to connecting again soon. Until then, here’s to a great – and productive – week!
Kirsten Bullock, CFRE
Your Fundraising Coach
Book: Simple Steps to Fundraising Success
- Have you ever wished that you could avoid (or at least minimize) challenges that you’re facing in developing a solid fundraising base or your organization?
- Do you feel like you’ve been hitting your head against a brick wall when it comes to getting the first gift – or to engaging your board in the fundraising process?
- Have you ever been concerned that people in your community just don’t ‘get’ what you do?
There is a better way. This book is a primer to help you overcome these – and many other – challenges. It offers practical advice, step-by-step processes, and insight in to the minds of your supporters and board members.
As a thank you for being one of my loyal readers, here’s a code to get 35% off: LIST35
For more information, and to order: http://growingyourdonors.com/products/book-simple-steps/
May 29: Bootcamp Q&A Call
July 9: Members Monthly Q&A Call
Here’s a summary of recent articles and blogs related to fundraising and nonprofit organizations. As always, please forward this to others who might benefit from the information. Thanks again for reading!
- How you ask makes a difference. Why type of Asker are You? http://ow.ly/b0Bqi guidestar.org
- Are you doing these?: Seven Secrets to Getting More Donors http://ow.ly/aPOYH care2 / frogloop
- Animal Charity Keeps Recurring Donors With a Great Thank You http://ow.ly/aPOOV @JoanneFritz
- State Your Need: How to Write a Compelling Needs Statement That Wins $Grants http://ow.ly/1LZMrr YourGrantAuthority.com
- How to increase silent auction revenue: extended bidding http://ow.ly/aQQRo Red Apple Auctions
- Social Media, Nonprofits and the Law: 5 Questions… Andrew Hollander http://ow.ly/aZ4BK PhilanTopic
- Could your nonprofit benefit from 3 degrees of influence? The how of social capital http://ow.ly/aYovf Social Capital Blog
- What are millennials really like? This research provides a good glimpse. http://ow.ly/aPPBW Katya’s Blog
- Study: Many Nonprofits Misreporting Cost of Fundraising http://ow.ly/1MiOro KGTV San Diego
- Squirrels, Context, Assumptions, and Checking Business Sense at the Door http://nblo.gs/xLrkw Growing Your Donors
- Nontraditional Giving Circle: Black men join force for good http://ow.ly/b0BA2 The Denver Post
- Spread the Work Around: Use volunteers on nonprofit committees http://ow.ly/aQRbq @sandyrees
- Seven Ways to Create a Fiercely Loyal Nonprofit Community (HINT: develop Pride, Trust and Passion) http://ow.ly/aQVpU @johnhaydon
- How to promote your nonprofit Facebook page with Facebook ads http://ow.ly/1MiPc4 Socialbrite
- 4 Ways to Drive More Online Actions from Direct Mail http://ow.ly/1MiNQ9 Inspiring Generosity
- Email is where it’s at: What Small Organizations Can/Should be Doing http://ow.ly/aYvuB @PamelaGrow
- When 1+1=>2: A good formula: Email plus social media http://ow.ly/aYlbA Katya’s Blog
- Social Giving Continues to Grow, Digital Giving In… http://ow.ly/aXjOe The Network for Good
- Evaluating the Impact of Social Media using a logic model http://ow.ly/aXjgu Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Giving to churches: Ten reasons why people become generous stewards | http://ow.ly/aQVe3 Generous Matters