Have you ever sat in a meeting with a board member, other staff member, or volunteer (or even consultant) who gives you a list of new things to try? All of a sudden you’re saddled with more work, more expectations, and still limited time to get everything done in.
Let’s change the scenario a little bit. Continue reading.
Here’s a summary of recent articles and blogs related to fundraising and nonprofit organizations. As always, please forward this to others who might benefit from the information. Thanks again for reading!
- Listen first – before you ask. http://ow.ly/9ZZCN Growing Your Donors
- Convio Online Marketing Benchmark Study – 2011 | http://ow.ly/1JVsqE The Agitator
- Stop. Start. Finish. Brian Reich on Fundraising in a connected age. http://ow.ly/1JXmim The Network for Good
- The Dangers of an Inactive E-Mail List for nonprofit fundraising – http://ow.ly/a7myT The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Tips for Effective Nonprofit Board and Committee Meetings | http://ow.ly/1JXpyg Foundation Group
- 3 keys to nonprofits’ social media success: Strategy, prioritization, dedicated staff http://ow.ly/a62iw socialbrite
- For Nonprofits, Demand Up While Cash Low (57% have cash on hand for <4 months) http://ow.ly/a5smN The Nonprofit Times
- Average stay = 16 months: High Cost of Turnover in Fundraising Jobs http://ow.ly/a4wNK The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Clear expectations make volunteer recruitment easier. http://ow.ly/a5dU4 Growing Your Donors
- Street Fundraisers Get Smarter on Technology – http://ow.ly/1JVsky The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Three reasons for focusing on givers’ hearts in ministries | http://ow.ly/a5szX Generous Matters
- Young Entrepreneurs Choose to Do Good as Well as Make a Profit – http://ow.ly/1JXqDa The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- 53% of U.S. Charitable Organizations Surveyed Say Contributions Rose in 2011 | http://ow.ly/a5rKh eJewish Philanthropy
- It Costs To Build Social Networks ($3.50 for a “like” on Facebook) http://ow.ly/a5sax The Nonprofit Times
- I agree: Nonprofits can do without the Pepsi-Starbucks-Chase-Kohls voting thing | http://ow.ly/1JYlX8 Donor Dreams Blog
- Advocacy Email Open Rates Jump 28% http://ow.ly/a7mNO The Nonprofit Times